What All-Weather Tires Are Suitable For An Electric SUV?


 SUV all-weather tires

Spring is emerging here in Vail, Colorado and I am starting to look for SUV all-weather tires suitable for our Tesla Model X to replace our winter tires. I’ve been very satisfied with our Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV winter tires and that’s why we decided to stay with the same tire manufacturer. We were told that the Nokian WR G3 SUV tire would be a good choice.

The Nokian WR G3 SUV tire is especially designed for safety and carefree driving in any season. It allows for excellent handling, stability, low rolling resistance and control even at high speeds and features cutting edge technologies like “3D Self-locking siping”, which helps with the wear resistance of the tire by minimizing heat generation. This is because of the self-locking 3D sipe on the center rib of the tire gives support both diagonally and longitudinally. Nokian Tyres is also the only company to use purified oils in their production of tires, so no toxins or carcinogenic chemicals are being used at all. There was also an option to go for the Flat Run tires, which allow you to drive about 30 miles on an empty tire, and much further if there is only the driver in the car. The functional Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) does need to be installed however.

I decided to go for a SUV all-weather tire as I was told that they would best handle all 4 seasons of the year in comparison to all season tires that aren’t really for all 4 seasons as implied by the name. This is because the all-weather tire is really a combination of a dedicated winter tire and an all-season tire. I’ve been really impressed of how well these tires perform on snow and slush.


Let’s see how well the slush planing prevention works on all this melted snow and in the summer on wet rainy roads. If I end up keeping my SUV all-weather tire through the year or if I install my dedicated SUV winter tires for the winter season, I am still satisfied with my choice of high quality tires. I will have year round driving pleasure and the peace of mind that my family and I are safe.

For more information for tires for electric cars, visit: nokiantires.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nokian Tyres have a wide range of truck tires to keep you safe on the roads

Will the harbor terminals suffer from global trade wars?

Better mobility and improved versatility with wheeled excavator